Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twilight



Well, I've seen these books in stores for quite some time, but never purchased them because I wasn't into vampire books. The movie for the Twilight book came out and I wouldn't go with Kelly and Pam to see it because I hadn't read the book yet. Well, my friend Debbie finished it and told me I had to read it...So, after MUCH procrastination I finally got to reading the book. (I still struggled at the beginning, because as I said, I'm not into vampires.) Well, the book was wonderful! I now have the Twilight bug! Debbie, Tori and I went to see the movie last night, and I must say that I was impressed. The movie did a really good job of following the book. Sure, there were so many details left out that the movie can't do justice, but there weren't made up scenes or characters like I have seen in movies in the past. Edward Cullen in the movie was very good. He wasn't what I had pictured in my head, but very good. (Except there were a few times where they made him just look googly eyed and crazy.) I didn't care so much for Bella, and Esme used to be on Grey's Anatomy. I didn't like her on Grey's, and so it was hard for me to accept her in Twilight. I purchased the 2nd book yesterday while shopping. (Remember I couldn't find it anywhere in Pitt.) I read it today and really loved it. I had heard that it wasn't all that wonderful after Twilight, but I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to be able to get my hands on the third book. (Wal-Mart had them tonight, but only the hardback. Sorry, too cheap to spend that much on a book.)

Definitely worth the read!

No comments: