Thursday, April 15, 2010

Disney On Ice






Over spring break we had beautiful weather on Friday. The whole Colvin clan and the whole Thompson clan loaded up and drove to Springfield to go to Lamberts and Bass Pro. The weather couldn't have been better! (We're talking sunny and in the 70's.) The next day we were supposed to go to Disney on Ice in Kansas City. I wanted to take Megan so she could have that experience. I went to see the Smurfs on Ice when I was in first grade and still remember how awesome it was! Well, wouldn't you know it it snows! The snow was so bad that my friend that was supposed to go with me called to say she didn't feel comfortable. Well, I knew that I could go slowly up there, and if it got too bad I could always stay with Pam for the night instead of driving home. (I took Tori and Aubrey since Debbie and Anna weren't going to use their tickets.) It was a slow ride up. The snow was blinding at times and we saw numerous cars off of the road. However, we made it on time and had a BLAST! It was so cool and Megan LOVED it. (So did I!) The roads back were treacherous, but we made it. (I think I counted 10 cars off the road on the way home.) It was a great trip and I am so glad we went!!!! Also shows the crazy Kansas weather!

1 comment:

Lou said...

You were The Colvins on Ice. hahaha. Glad you and your girls got to have that experience. We went to see Pocahontas on Ice when Jake was little, and it was awesome too.