Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sissy Is Officially A Southeast High School Cheerleader!


Wow what a roller coaster the last 42 hours have been...

Tori has had her mind made up since she was a little girl that she was going to be a high school cheerleader. Actually, when we lived in Parsons she wanted to be a PHS Dustkicker. (The Parsons High dance team.) When she was a little girl, we would ask her what she wanted to be when she grew up. Her answer was always the same, "I want to be a Dustkicker when I grow up." When we were talking about moving to Cherokee I told her they didn't have a dance team, but the cheer squad dances sometimes at half time. She was totally ok with that. So, since we moved her goal has been Southeast Cheerleading.

The tryout process this year was a whirlwind. They had a practice Thursday from 6-8 to learn the cheer and dance for tryouts. Then, Friday morning they had practice from 6:30-7:30 a.m., and then practice from 6-7 p.m. Then, the tryouts were at 7:30 Friday night. It was like a 24 hour process. That is a lot to cram in to that short amount of time when you include some sleep (ya, not much Thurs. night) and school Friday.

Well, Tori just knew that she did terrible. She sobbed after the whole tryout, breaking her ole mom's heart. She just kept saying, "I wanted it so bad and I messed it up." :-( Awwwwwwwww..... (Made for a really long sad night.)

Well, tryout results were not posted online until today at noon. I had told my Dad to stay home today because of the weather and I would take the girls to dance. So, I sat at home all morning clicking refresh, refresh, refresh. At noon I had to go pick the girls up from dance, but my wonderful friend Debbie T. texted me to tell me that they finally posted them and she had made it!!!! We were all so excited! She screamed when she found out and I teared up! Debbie was so excited that even she was shaking. Whew!

Now we have to do this whole process again in a couple of weeks with Aubrey and Jr. High cheerleading.

Wow! I had better go now! I have to call Brenda, my hairdresser to work on all of these extra gray hairs that have taken over my head in the last 42 hours!!!

(And thank you to everyone that prayed, called, and texted! It meant a lot to us!)

Southeast High School: Cheer

Cheer Squad Tryouts
March 28, 2009

Congratulations! The competition was tough this year and I am proud of all of you for trying so hard and giving your best! And now, what you all have been waiting for:

2009 -2010 SHS Cheer Squad

Chloe Biancarelli

Shiloh Blockburger

Tori Colvin

Amber Dietz

Kaylyn Hite

Kaytlyn Lewis

Ashley Martin

Micah McCready

Kayla Yancey

Colton Phelps

Shelby White

3 comments:

Debbie T said...

Yay Tori!!! I was as excited as if you were one of my own!! Thankfully, I didn't get to witness the tears last night tho. Hearing about it was hard enough!!

Lou said...

YAY TORI!!! Congrats!! But I don't see how you can be in high school already. Where did the time go???

Lou said...

I just noticed you got a really good shot of her hangy-down-thing in her throat. LOL! I know - I'm wierd.