Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Women of Faith

(I stole this picture from my friend Debbie's blog.) :-)

Last weekend I had the pleasure of taking a trip to Kansas City with a few of my friends. I went with my friend Debbie, her two sister-in-laws, and another one of her friends to attend a Women of Faith conference/convention. It was so good! We saw Steven Curtis Chapman sing, Mandisa from Am. Idol sing, and we saw some wonderful speakers! One speaker was named Lisa Harper. She was a story teller of sorts and told different stories from the Bible in todays terms that I so understood. It was AWESOME! We also got to see Blair from The Facts of Life! How cool was that!!!! I took some pictures of Blair, but they didn't come out that great.

The elephant was made out of towels and sitting in the chair in our hotel room.

Oh, and can I say, don't ever stay at the Aladdin Hotel/Holiday Inn, in the downtown area of KC. Tracy had reserved our room and a rollaway bed with the room. When we checked in the manager informed her they didn't even have rollaways and he was VERY rude about it. His way of compensating it was saying he could get us another room too, and then quoted her a price that was even higher than the one we had for our first room! CRAZY! The hotel was loud, and you could hear the elevators going up and down in you room. It was just crazy!



No comments: