Monday, May 25, 2009

Tori's 8th Grade Graduation

Well, we recently celebrated a fun milestone...Tori's 8th Grade Graduation

There had been talk earlier in the year by the Southeast Board of Ed to cancel the eighth grade graduation. I'm so glad they didn't. Instead, they decided to combine them and have all three schools hold their graduations at one time.

Tori's 8th grade class is fairly large for our district. I think last year they had like 35 or 45 kids, this year they had 78!

Tori was an honor student and got to wear a big gold medal during the ceremony. She was very excited about this! :-)

Part of the fun of the night was the fact that a lot of the 8th grade parents got together and hosted a dance/celebration for the kids at Dalton's afterward the grad ceremony. I did the video for the celebration. It wound up being 22 minutes and 55 seconds long. I had started out planning a 10 min. video. Oops! I just used still shots seeing as I was trying to collect things for the video from three different schools and such a large number of kids. Tina Westervelt, another 8th grade parent helped me with the video. I think it turned out pretty good! :-) We burned a DVD for each grad.

We are off to the next step....HIGH SCHOOL! (Tori keeps picking out her "high school car." LOL I keep explaining that we live across the street!)






1 comment:

Lou said...

She is beautiful!! Can't believe she's going to HS next year. Where did the time go??