Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Saylah


Here are some new pictures of our sweet Saylah Rea. We don't get to see her much anymore, so when I get my hands on some cute pictures I love to share! She couldn't be cuter!!!!

For those of you that don't know Saylah, she is Jesse's little girl. When Vic and I moved into our house on Appleton in Parsons almost 11 years ago the Rea family lived a few houses down. Their oldest son, Jesse, and Vic quickly found the "baseball bond." That baseball bond continued until they were great friends. I can assure you that there is not anything that Vic would not have done for Jesse. He looked at him as a younger, much loved brother. (Hence, Saylah is part of "ourcolvinfamily") I can honestly say that not only did Vic love Jesse, but our whole family did. He used to take Nolan to mow lawns, he was a hero to all of the kids, and I was very fond of him myself. I was always telling Vic how much I enjoyed Jesse and what a good guy he was.

Jesse is one of the reasons that we are in Cherokee. He is the person that encouraged Vic to apply for the Southeast HS baseball job. Unfortunately Jesse was taken from us in a fatal car accident during Vic's first season. I still remember hearing the boys chant "Jesse" as they broke hands at their next game. It was a rough time for all of us in the Colvin household. There were many sleepless nights with discussions of why and so many more tears. We all mourned Jesse's death together.

Jesse was a blessing to all of us! We still feel the loss of his beautiful big eyes and wonderful chuckle.

While we miss Jesse very much, he left the world with another wonderful smile, Miss Saylah Rea. His little girl! She was his pride and joy and in the few months from her birth, she already had him wrapped around her little finger. She is growing into such a beautiful little dandy! We all love watching her change and grow!

And, have you ever seen a cuter Oompa Loomap?





No comments: