Monday, January 5, 2009

Sissy Turns 14 "Look Out!"





Well, today is Tori's 14th birthday! I can't hardly believe it. It seems like just yesterday that Vic would call me to hurry up and get home because he couldn't get her to stop crying! LOL We passed her stuttering stage when she was about five, even though it drove me crazy. It would take her forever to say something. Grandma, Grandma, Grandma Waalllls. We passed her "secret" stage. She used to tell people, "I tell you a secret." Then, she would whisper in their ear, "You wanna comea to my birthday party?" It was too funny. She would do this to people that she would barely even know. I still remember driving home from Wal Mart one day, she was clear in the back seat of the van and she tells Vic, "I have to tell you a secret." Well, she wiggles up to the front and leaned in his ear and whispered (loudly), "You wanna comea to my birthday party?" So funny! We've survived her "blond" moments like when she got a cell phone and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't charge...She explained to me that she was plugging the cord into her phone. Well, I finally looked at her and said, "You know you have to plug the other end into the wall don't you." Huh...She hadn't thought of that one. Even though I know, there are many more of these "blond" moments to come, and I can't wait. (I don't know where she gets these...Do you?)

Her big excitement is that she is studying to take her driving exam so that she can get her permit to drive with an adult. Look Out World!

Tori is dedicated to her dance. Every Saturday morning she gets herself up and ready to go for dance. (She sets her own alarm even.) She doesn't complain when she has to miss something with her friends, because she knows that dance is where her heart is and that it takes dedication. She is a cheerleader this year for the Southeast Jr. High, and a very good one at that I might add. She cheers for football and boys basketball. She played volleyball and basketball this year. She plans on doing track come spring. She can't wait for softball to begin this spring also. On top of all of this her social life is thriving! She is constantly texting, talking on the computer, or doing something with her friends. As you can see her schedule is jam packed full, therefore making my schedule very crazy!

All in all I could not be more proud of her. She is beautiful inside and out.

WE LOVE YOU SISSY!

Happy Birthday!!!!

3 comments:

Lou said...

I can't believe she's 14! I love your journaling about her. Tell her I said Happy Birthday!

Debbie T said...

The Thompsons wish Tori a very Happy Birthday! And keep on bringin' those 'blonde' moments - you make us laugh! We love ya!

CAROL said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET PRINCESS!! ONLY 15 YEARS TO GO BEFORE YOU CAN START DATING!!! I LOVE YOU DEARLY -- GRANDMA