Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pittsburg State Football Game 11/1/08



Notice the Pitt State banana earrings? They are my favorite!



What a fun day!

I had never been to a Pitt State football game before, but believe me I will definitely go again! It was a girls day out! Tori, Aubrey, Megan, our wonderful friend Anna Thompson, and myself loaded up and went together to a ball game. (Brady was supposed to go with us, but stood us up at the last minute to go hunting with his father.)

While we weren't so much into the game aspect (not that it was even a good game...), we really enjoyed the social aspect of the game. Pittsburg State, for those of you that don't get the chance to frequent Pittsburg, put in a huge new jumbotron that they have dubbed the "Jungletron." They have a guy walking around with a tv camera and they often put fans cheering or what have you on the screen. (Have I mentioned that it is huge?) Well, Megan, Aubrey, and Anna would head down by the wall everytime they saw him coming in hopes of getting on the Jungletron. Everytime I saw the camera man heading their way I would get my camera out in hopes of getting a shot of the girls on screen. Well, Miss Megan finally made it on, and I got my shot! Too bad I don't have an awesome zoom camera...But, oh well, I think this one is pretty amazing. He was really close up on her face!

Not only did Megan wind up on the Jungletron, but later in the game Gus was throwing a football into the crowd playing catch with the fans and she happened to catch one of his passes. Too bad when she threw it back she beamed the lady in the front row in the shoulder! LOL It was funny! Gus ducked down and hid behind the wall and came up slowly like he was so guilty. It was a hoot!

Between all of the Megan fun, me screaming "loudly" when they set off the cannon after the National Anthem, and the joy of having fun Miss Anna with us, it was definitely a time of memories for all!

2 comments:

Lou said...

I miss you in your banana earrings Mary Catherine. sniff, sniff.
But I love your blog!!

LouAnn

Debbie T said...

I LOVE the banana earrings picture!! So fun! Can't wait til we can go to a Pitt game together!!