Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


What a wonderful day! So many things to be thankful for!

We started off the day with a visit to see my dad and his entertaining Beagle, Buck. Buck sang for us today to Home on The Range. As I have said before I don't know what I would ever do without my dad! He surprised me by fixing brownies and deviled eggs for me to take with me to Thanksgiving dinner. THANK YOU DAD! :-)

Then, we went to Vic's grandma's house to see all of his dad's family. We were so pleasantly surprised to find Aunt Char and Uncle Gary there! We don't get to see them that often due to them living in Texas. Grandma looked wonderful and was the wonderful hostess as always, even though we know that she couldn't do it without her trusty sidekick Lou! It is always fun to get to spend time with Vic's dad's side of the family.

Finally, we went to Vic's mom's house and celebrated with her. She feeds us until we can barely stand it! Aren't moms wonderful about that! It's fun to get to be with just his two sisters and brother and their families and do some catching up. I know that Carol loves the house full too! (HaHa)

Finally, it was back off to see my dad again and bring him a plate full of Thanksgiving food!

(Then of course the girls and I looked from Parsons to Pittsburg (and I mean all over Pittsburg) looking for a Joplin paper with the Black Friday ads in it. Can I just say that we couldn't find one ANYWHERE! Oh well, my friend Debbie Thompson and I will be off at 4 in the a.m. anyway. (I've seen the ads, just wanted the Target ad to get some things comped at Wal-Mart.)

No comments: